Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Loot Crate October 2012 - Just in time for Halloween!

Hey guys so since I really haven't done anything today, I thought I'd share something cool with you guys! Well, some of you will think its cool and some of you will think its weird/creepy/scary/nerdy. But that's okay! I know there are some of you who will LOVE this. Okay so here it goes. I signed up for Loot Crate in September. Loot Crate is a subscription box service for gamers and it costs $13.37 a month plus $6 shipping... so $19.37 in total. This month's box was Halloween themed and.... get ready... that meant ZOMBIES!! Everybody say YAYYYY! Here are some pics!


#officialmember




Look what I found in my mailbox!














I'm an official member of Loot Crate! I love this little touch, making every subscribers a "card carrying member" :)
First opened!











First opened Loot Crate! As you can see, at first glance October's box appears to be Halloween themed, which of course is very fitting. The top left of the card says:

October Crate: Outbreak
It's the season to celebrate the undead, under appreciated, and often neglected, tormented souls of the underworld!

This crate will arrive just a week before one of our most hallowed holidays. To celebrate three of the most notorious creatures of the underwold: zombies, vampires, and demons, we've created the Outbreak box... We've provided you with all the tools and sustenance for the impending war with the underwold. Enjoy.
Diablo T-shirt, men's medium

Now I've never played Diablo, or any of its sequels, but I know a little bit about it and its premise has always interested me. It sounds like a very fun game to play. Maybe one day I'll try it out, but I don't have any time to play video games right now because of school :( This is a t-shirt in a men's medium by Jinx.

Loot Crate did a great job of emailing members asking for their sizes. They could've just sent out a Large to everyone and not bothered but it really showed me that Loot Crate is aware of and cares about every single one of it's customers. And this t-shirt is bad ass.

Here is a closer view of some of the items that came in the box. From left to right:  Energy Love Potion, "Zombie Repellent" button, Zombie Hunger Dog Tag by Loot Crate Labs that reads "Zombie Hunter Response Team Outbreak OPS Unit 1337-MC-Z Status: Looter", "I [gun] Zombies" button, and glow in the dark Vampire Fangs  by Vampire Incorporated. The Love Potion energy drink is really interesting because while it does contain caffeine for, obviously, energy, it also contains Horny Goat Weed, which is a known aphrodesiac. Kinda cool... maybe I'll find out if it works soon ;) hehe

Sorry about the condition of the wood service that these objects are on. It is my night stand and its pretty old. Those white spots are knicks and scratches, not dirt or dust. Although none of you probably would've noticed if I hadn't said anything just now.........

Zombie Jerky and Zombie Pea Brains by Harcos Labs!

The Zombie Jerky is artificially colored to look green although you can't really see it in the picture. I won't lie, it kind of weirds me out. Especially since the jerky pieces are also sliced into really thing, small strips. I'll try and get past the color and try it out and let you guys know how it tastes.

The Zombie Pea Brains are wasabi peas and yeah... that's about it. Very awesome name.

I hope you enjoyed this review of the October 2012 Loot Crate! I know for me its always something fun, whimsical, and sometimes kind of crazy to open. It is a little pricey so if you don't like gaming or want a more utilitarian box, then this would not be for you. BUT if you enjoy gaming and are kind of nerdy (like me!) then this could be a fun option for you! Its also a great gift for someone who loves gaming. If you'd like to sign up, click here: Sign Up for Loot Crate


No comments:

Post a Comment